Ed Mooney writes:
 > Now I'm confused. Is the version of emacs[1] you can install by running
 > http://cygwin.com/setup.exe "A" or "B"? I had thought it was "A". If
 > not, where can I get "A"?

Hi Ed,

I thought A was still available. My knowledge is very hazy
on cygwin as my own dealings with it were only to test out
changes to the JDEE intended to support it. Perhaps B
replaced A. Anyway, I believe A was developed before Cygwin
supported X Windows and thus included source changes to use
the native Windows GUI. I believe B was made possible by the
porting of X Windows to Cygwin. This enables Cygwin to
support a binary compiled directly from the Unix sources for
Emacs, without any Windows-specific modifications. I don't
know if the JDEE takes advantage of any A modifications that
are missing from the B version. It would help if anyone can
shed any light on this question as this would enable me to
determine how much work would be needed to enhance the JDEE
to support the B version.

Paul