>>> Mark Eggers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> seems to think that:
>I upgraded from 2.3.4beta5 to 2.3.5.  This version works great with
>cedet-1.0beta3b.
>
>I then upgraded cedet to 1.0pre1, and jde now fails to start.  The error
>message indicates an incompatible cedet version (needs 1.0beta2 to 1.0).
>
>I tried a quick hack by changing the jde-cedet-max-version to 1.0pre1 in
>jde.el, but that didn't solve the problem.
>
>Not being an emacs lisp programmer, I'm sort of at a loss.
>
>Solutions?
  [ ... ]

Hi,

  The JDE version decoder does not appear handle the "pre" notation.
It looks like if I had produced another beta instead it would be ok.

I have verified that if jde-check-version were re-rewritten as such:

(defun jde-check-version (current-version min-version max-version)
  "Return non-nil if CURRENT-VERSION >= MIN-VERSION or <= MAX-VERSION."
  (not (inversion-test 'cedet min-version)))

It passes.

The above mechanism uses inversion (a part of cedet) to to version
number checking across some complex numbering schemes.  It does not do
what Paul's code does, which is also clamp an upper value.

Eric

--
          Eric Ludlam:                 [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Home: http://www.ludlam.net            Siege: www.siege-engine.com