From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Jonathan Sewall
Sent: donderdag 12 januari 2006 16:54
To: jess-users@sandia.gov
Subject: JESS: Using a rule engine for plan recognition

We're using Jess to implement a plan-recognition program whose heart is
a pretty ordinary depth-limited search algorithm.  Two matters, one
general and one specific:

1. I'd be interested in others' experience with this use of Jess, esp.
strategies for backtracking.

2. I'd ask that jess.Activation.setInactive(boolean) be made public.  We

currently use selective firing of Activation instances from the agenda.
For that I employ Rete.run(1) to fire one Activation at a time and
Activation.setInactive() to deactivate those agenda entries listed prior

to the one I want to fire at a given point.  I haven't figured out how
to fit my selection process into the way I think a Strategy
implementation would work.  I'd rather use only the public API to Jess,
but I have to put in a package-private class to give me access to
Activation.setInactive().

Thanks very much,
Jonathan Sewall

(use your own address!) List problems? Notify
[EMAIL PROTECTED]