Thank's Edson. Will check it out.
Drools seems to have come a long compared to when I last looked at it -
given that you have a foot in both camps, any wisdom and guidance would much
appreciated. My bias is towards Jess, perhaps since I got introduced to
rules engines with the excellent Jess book but is it worth looking at
Drools?  I like the interactive 'protype'ability with Jess using the shell
(still on 6.1). Does Drools have similar intractivity? We are developing
using j
jRuby (RoR) or Java.

Thanks!