Dear Jess users,

I am new to Jess and trying to learn it by following the Jess In Action book.
While following the book, I ran into a problem I could not figure out myself
and was wondering if anyone can help me.

I am using JessDE to run the clp file and cannot use the Java class file even
though I have the Java class file in the same project as in the clp file. After
searching the Jess mailing list, it was a known problem a few years ago.

I tried to add the folder including the class file to eclipse's java build
path, but it did not work. Has this problem been solved or still open? If it
has been solved, what is the solution to this problem? If this issue has not
been solved, what would be the best way to use external Java class files within
JessDE?

By the way, I am using Mac OS X (v. 10.6.6), eclipse helios (v. 3.6.1), and
Jess71p2.

Thanks in advance.

Young-Jin Lee