Is there anyway to iterate over a Java List object from Jess?

I have a Java object that I store in a Jess variable:

engine.getGlobalContext().setVariable("bwapi", new Value(bwapi));

one of the methods that can be called on bwapi returns a Java ArrayList,
and I would like to be able to iterate over this list to check certain
properties of its elements.

Right now I am doing this:

engine.executeCommand("(bind ?units (create$ =(?bwapi getMyUnits)))");
engine.executeCommand("foreach ?u ?units (printout t ?u crlf))");

but when the units are supposed to be printed all I get is:

=
<Java-Object:java.util.ArrayList>

Any ideas?

Thanks,