Thanks for the dog analogy...

But going back to practical uses, one aspect that I like when creating a
fact directly from a from-class template (i.e., a doghouse without a dog --
I can still make some reasoning over the doghouse) is that the Jess code to
do it is much more readable and compact, since you provide values for named
slots.
Something like:

(deftemplate Person (declare (from-class Person)))****
(assert (Person (name "Henrique") (age 38)))

When using definstance, I would have to go:
    (bind ?p (new Person "Henrique" 38))    ; assuming there is such a
constructor
    (definstance Person ?p)

or
    (bind ?p (new Person))
    (?p setName "Henrique")
    (?p setAge 38)
    (definstance Person ?p)

Now, when you have a class with many data members this becomes quite
complex.

Any comments? Thanks!

Henrique

--