adding something like this to the security.xreg should give you what you're looking for :

<security-entry name="user_print">
<title>User with Print</title>
<description>Users that can have print friendly views.</description>
<access action="*">
<allow-if role="admin"/>
</access>
<access action="view">
<allow-if role="user_print"/>
</access>
<access action="print_friendly">
<allow-if role="user_print"/>
</access>
</security-entry>

Hope this helps

Werner

Brad Straw wrote:

Has anyone been successful in developing a security role that only allowed view and print-friendly portlet modes? I would like to have certain portlets to have the print-friendly option without the customize and info icons as well.

I've been able to develop custom security roles that only allowed view, maximize, and minimize but I have not been successful with this configuration.

Thanks

Brad

-- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ir. Werner Ramaekers Enterprise Java Solutions Architect - Shift@ BeJUG steering committee member JBoss Certified Services Partner

Read my Blog at http://www.werner.be
"May the source be with you."