Jack,

The default/demo user accounts are inserted in the database table
SECURITY_CREDENTIAL
by the database dependent populate-userinfo-for-default-psml.sql scripts which
you can find under the src/sql folder.
For all these accounts the (initial) password is the same as the user name:

  admin/admin
  jetspeed/jetspeed
  user/user

  et cetera

Now, as you probably have tried more than 3 times different passwords for the
admin user, you are in bad luck: the account will be locked out by now by the
default configured security rules!
You can re enable a user account by setting the IS_ENABLED column value for the
admin user back to 1 (it will be 0 if the account is locked out).

To determine which record actually is the one for the admin user, find
the record with:
      SECURITY_CREDENTIAL.PRINCIPAL_ID = SECURITY_PRINCIPAL.PRINCIPAL_ID
  AND SECURITY_PRINCIPAL.FULL_PATH = '/user/admin'
or just set them all back to value 1.

The reason you couldn't find the correct password (anymore) for the admin user
in the database is because it is encrypted by now. Initially, these aren't
encrypted
as you can find out from the populate scripts, but they will be at first access
(with the default configured security rules that is).

Once you have re enabled the admin user and can login with admin/admin, you can
use
the administrative UserManagement portlets to enable other user accounts which
might
have been locked out again.

Note: at first login, you'll be required to change the password again ;-)

And yes, you are right, we should document this more prominently I guess :-)

Regards,

ATe

Jack Lund wrote:
Hi. I apologize if this is a newbie question, but I'm having a lot of
trouble logging in as admin with my jetspeed 2 installation. The
jetspeed 2 docs don't seem to have any indication (that I have seen) of
what the default admin password is, and I've tried the one listed in the
jetspeed 1 docs, plus any others I could think of. I've also tried
looking for docs on where the passwords are kept, with no luck. I've
also tried just looking through the DB tables, again with no luck.

Please, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.