Hello,

Basically, I deleted a bunch of files from a JFS partition accidently,
and I was wondering if there was a way to undelete the data? I did
have backups of the most critical data, but I would like to recover
the other information.

Once I realized my mistake, I immediately unmounted the JFS partition
in hope that something could be done. I don't have a very detailed
understanding of how the JFS filesystem operates, but I know that some
filesystems have an undelete mechanism. I had some ideas, but I don't
know if any of these are feasable:

1) use the JFS journal to roll back all transactions past a certain time index?
2) alter the inodes of deleted files from "deleted" to "not-delected"?
(I think this is how undelete utilities for other filesystems (such as
ext2) work.)

Any suggestions would be greatly appretiated. Thank you in advance.

Matt