On 04/17/2015 01:44 PM, Rolf Huehne wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some problems debugging a complex script in Jmol.
>
> First of all, the command 'set scriptReportingLevel' doesn't seem to
> work in Jmol 14.3.13_2015.04.08. It is always setting the value to zero.
>
> Q: What do the numbers (e.g.: $[2.295.299]) in the debugging output
> after the command 'set showScript on' mean?
>
> The first number looks like it could be the function call level.
> The third number could be the line number within the function after
> removing empty lines.
>
> Following the debugging information for a problematic function (~500
> lines of code, see short extract below) the critical line seems to be a
> 'for' loop. Depending on the input data the loop sometimes cycles more
> often (twice instead of once) than indicated by the variable value
> ('fileCount=1' in any of the described cases) or the function is exited
> (without any error message or exception) after reaching the line the
> second time:

I found another problem inside the function that leads to an
extraordinary function exit. For this one I could narrow down the problem.
The following example function demonstrates it: if you try to loop over
an empty hash the function is exited too early.

--- Example Function ---------
function ltest(x) {
   for (var i in x.keys) {
     print "i=" + i;
   }
   print "finished";
}

--- Example 1 ----------
ltest({"A": 1});
--- Example Output 1 ---------
i=A
finished
--- Example 2 ----------
ltest({});
--- Example Output 2----------
------------------------------

Regards,
Rolf
--

Rolf Huehne
Postdoc

Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
Beutenbergstrasse 11
07745 Jena, Germany

Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
E-Mail:  rhue...@fli-leibniz.de
Website: http://www.fli-leibniz.de

           Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
        Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
Chairman of Board of Trustees: Dennys Klein

VAT No: DE 153 925 464
Register of Associations: No. 230296, Amtsgericht Jena
Tax Number: 162/141/08228