Good idea. I have modified JmolCore.js and JmolConsole.js such that you can
now add a div:

// BH 6/29/2015 9:50:21 AM adds option for user to set console as a div on
a page.
//    as "jmolApplet0_console" where jmolApplet0 is the id of the applet.
//   for example: <div id="jmolApplet0_console"
style="width:600px;height:362px"></div>

and will get that out later today.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 9:33 AM, Sam Blackman <sa.blackma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Jmol Devs,
>
>     I'm looking at changing the location of the console so that it is not
> a separate window and instead at the bottom of the main Jmol GUI. I'm
> wondering where I can find the main GUI in order to add the console to it
> (in the source code). In addition, I'm also trying to add a separate GUI
> menu that runs when Jmol opens (for experimental purposes). If this is the
> wrong email to be emailing, I do apologize.
>
> Cheers,
> Sam

Robert M. Hanson
Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
Chair, Department of Chemistry
St. Olaf College
Northfield, MN
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900