Hi, Sam

>      I'm looking for these files that were mentioned in the readme in
> the main Jmol download:
>               build_01_fromjmol.xml
>               build_02_fromjspecview.xml
>               build_03_tojs_stable.xml

I cannot advise on those, which I don't know at all --and never saw before.
They might be recent, or developer-related i.e. for building the released
files.
Not used regularly from the user side.
Bob will tell you about them.

> I am trying to convert my Jmol code to JSmol using Java2Script, however
> I am getting errors. I read that you guys had to heavily augment
> Java2Script for it to work, what's the scoop on that?

This is confusing. Do you want to convert Jmol source code?
Or Jmol commands / scripts? These need no conversion, as they work
equally in JSmol.
Please, clarify what "your" Jmol code is about
·
 Dr. Angel Herráez
 Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
 Dept. of Systems Biology, University of Alcalá
 E-28871 Alcalá de Henares  (Madrid), Spain