In SurfaceTool.java, this:

      cmd.append(" plane ").append(Escape.e(plane))

should read:

      cmd.append(" plane ").append(Escape.eP4(plane))

similar with:

        .append(Escape.e(slice.leftPlane));
        .append(Escape.e(slice.rightPlane));

and in Escape.java:

    if (x instanceof T3)
      return eP((T3) x);
    if (x instanceof P4)
      return eP4((P4) x);

should read

    if (x instanceof P4)
      return eP4((P4) x);
    if (x instanceof T3)
      return eP((T3) x);

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Jonathan Gutow <gu...@uwosh.edu> wrote:

> It appears that at line 117 in Escape.java, type P4 objects are being
> misidentified as type T3.  This means that the value of the "w" subtype is
> not being returned as part of the returned text vector only "x", "y" and
> "z".  I noticed this because it breaks the surface tool which uses P4
> objects to define planes.
>
> It is not clear to me why this is happening.  Is P4 type a subtype of T3?
>
> Jonathan
>
> --
>                        Dr. Jonathan H. Gutow
> Chemistry Department                                 gu...@uwosh.edu
> UW-Oshkosh                                                Office:
> 920-424-1326
> 800 Algoma Boulevard                                 FAX:920-424-2042
> Oshkosh, WI 54901
>                http://www.uwosh.edu/facstaff/gutow/

Robert M. Hanson
Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
Chair, Department of Chemistry
St. Olaf College
Northfield, MN
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900