I’m trying to diagnose scripts written a few years ago that are no longer
working in the latest version of JSmol.
The same scripts work correctly in an older version of JSmol: ver. 14.2.4
(2014-08-03).
After updating JSmol, there is no error in the JSmol console, just a blank
JSmol canvas (no atoms appear).

I suspect that it’s syntax related to ‘select’? because nothing is being
selected for color or style, but not sure.

Here are a few excerpts: (I’ll just include an example of each type of call).
Does any of this look problematic or need fixes?
I can post the full scripts if helpful.

model 1
rotate z -108
rotate y 130
rotate z 32
zoom 100
restrict not :a and not solvent

select 147-157 and :a
define switch1a selected

select switch1a or switch2a or switch3a
define allswitcha selected

select :i and (177,179,181,192,198,199,200,202,205,211)         #numbers are
less by 1 than those in the Nature 379 article
define ihb selected
                        #alpha subunit residues hbonding with beta

elect (switch1b and backbone) and not (173-176)                 #these sw1b
residues interact w/beta
select selected or (177,179,181) and :i
define subset1b selected

select :a and (172,173,174,176,179,185)  or (switch2a and backbone)
define subset2a selected

select :a
color [xFFAD00]                                         #orange

select gtp
color [x00C000]                                         #guanine green

select gdp
color [xFF0000]

select :i or :b or :g or :d
spacefill on