I was trying to have Jmol open via the command line on a Mac and ran into a
roadblock. The Jmol application launches but if I try `load $ethane` in the
console it gives me an error, `script ERROR:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException:
No subject alternative DNS name matching cactus.nci.nih.gov found`. That same
command works as expected when I launch by clicking `Jmol.jar` the typical way.
 I checked and what launches from the command line is the same version of Jmol
as launches when I click on it. Still what launches looks slightly different if
you look at the top-most menubar. I see that when I click on Jmol.jar to open
it that there is "Jmol" up next to the Apple on the menubar, but  I note that
when you open it from the command line you see "org.openscience.jmol.app.Jmol"
in upper left next to Apple symbol on menubar  I even tried it with the
`jmol.sh` script and while it opens, it doesn't connect to NCI or RCSB.
Do I have to somehow point the command at some security preference that I
allowed the first time I ran the `Jmol.jar` when I said I acknowledged it is
from the internet but I want to run it? I see at
http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/Java_Web_Start#Signing_the_JAR_File that the
Jmol.jar is now signed since I am using the latest jmol-14.10.0. Or do I need
to instead do a self-signed test certificate because when called from command
line, the certificate isn't accessible to the Jmol application?
Of course, you are asking why can't he just stick with clicking on Jmol.jar to
open Jmol? The reason is that I was trying to implement a rudimentary Python
wrapper for some Jmol commands.

Thanks,
Wayne