Pshemak and Dean,

Back in the day, I was just an organic chemist who had to prove to my X-ray
colleagues that my molecule was worthy of their efforts (data returned on punch
cards). Consequently, I admit to a weak point explaining my tests below on
Pshemak's file. But here goes:

On both  Pshemak's Na file and COD 9008545 (Na), I need to do the entire
following script to get a correct body-centered cubic JSmol image.

save orientation;load "" {1 1 1} ;set displayCellParameters false;restore
orientation;center;display unitcell; spacefill ionic 100%; lcaocartoon scale
1.0 CAP unitcell 'cpk'; spacefill 1%;

By the way Dean, that spacefill 1% is a slick trick. I was just turning
spacefill off - not satisfactory.

I have an in this day (not back in the day) X-ray  colleague  at ISU. I'm going
to ask him for an explanation of why "display unitcell" has to operate on {1 1
1}, but I suspect that Bob can answer this question.

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger
o...@chemagic.org