Jmol.___JmolVersion="14.14.1" // released 4/19/17

new feature: CALCULATE CHIRALITY {atom set}
  -- starts with basic CIP Rule 1-2 determination of R/S and E/Z.
  -- continues with Rules 3-5, which require full-molecule analysis.
  -- work in progress:
     -- Rules 1 and 2 complete
     -- Rule 3 (E/Z) implemented
     -- Rule 4 partially implemented
        -- simple linear sequences of R/S ok
     -- Rule 5 not implemented
  -- caveates
     -- no pseudochirality
     -- not cyclitols
     -- does not distinguish rings, so inserts "Z" into ring bonds
     -- only validated on

  -- optionally limited to the given atom set (or the currently selected
atoms by default)

new feature: set jmolInJSpecView
  -- allows Jmol window to NOT be embedded in JSpecView when JSpecView is
opened in Jmol
  -- default TRUE

new feature: WRITE ISOSURFACE "t.pmesh"; WRITE ISOSURFACE "t.pmb"
  -- creates ASCII (.pmesh) or binary (.pmb) file (a Jmol-specific file
format)
  -- relatively compact format
  -- can speed up loading of meshes and contours
  -- for filled surfaces, use .jvxl instead
  -- read back into Jmol using ISOSURFACE "t.pmesh"/"t.pmb"
  -- note that binary files are NOT RECOMMENDED for JSmol because some
platforms cannot read them locally
  -- example:

  load $methane
  isosurface plane {0 0 0 1} map vdw contours 20
  write ISOSURFACE contour.pmb
  isosurface contour.pmb

bug fix: mesh capper producing gaps
bug fix: CIP chirality fixed for rule ordering; validated for IUPAC Rules
1, 2, and 3 (though still some questions about Rule 3)
bug fix: print getProperty("cifinfo") without file name fails

Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900