Dear Bob

The chirality calculation is clearly useful.

I have tried it on my chiral phosphorus compounds, e.g. as in
https://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/bruce.tattershall/structs/bpthiq.php
and it finds the chiral carbons in the organic ligands and successfully labels
them (as R in this case),
but it does not find the chirality of the phosphorus atoms to which they are
attached.

I have no idea of how this works, but would it be possible to extend it easily
to phosphorus chirality (for which
one uses the same rules but counts the lone pair as lowest priority)?

When I first got into measuring NMR spectra of diastereomers of such compounds
about 15 years ago,
I found it very hard to get my inorganic chemist’s head around the chirality
implications.  It would
have been very useful to have a tool to work it out for me.

If you are going to elements other than carbon, then I guess that besides
phosphorus, the inorganic
chemist’s favourite, the chirality at silicon, germanium and arsenic could also
be useful to people.

Best wishes

   Bruce

Bruce Tattershall