Dear All,
This is just to report about what happened to me and might happen to others
jmol windows users. Last night I discovered that the jmol "console" window
would not open when I clicked on it in the menu. I've never seen that happening
before, so I thought it could be a problem with either the latest jmol
(14.15.2) or the latest java update (for windows 64). I reinstalled both jmol
and java and even tried an old version of java, but nothing. Everything worked
with exception of the console window. The script window was showing up, so I
could just used that, but I was still puzzled. Thinking that the console window
was maybe open but invisible I've tried to type a command and click enter and,
surprise, the command worked, but no console was visible anywhere on the
screen. Now, a week ago or so I was trying using an extended display with two
monitors and I switched back to a single monitor after a day or two. Just for
trying, I switched back the display to extended and here the Jmol console
window appeared again... Never seen something like that. Every other
application was working perfectly fine on both displays and in extended mode,
and the PC was restarted several time, but somehow the display variable in Jmol
was still stuck on the wrong display. Anyway, I leave this here in the hope it
could help other people in the same situation.
Sorry for the long email,
Marco