Did you try moving the console to where you want it, then clicking Quit (or Close) from Jmol's pull-down File menu? On a Mac, this saves the window positions so the next time you start Jmol, they are remembered. In contrast, other methods of quitting (Jmol menu in the menubar, Quit; Cmd-Q) do NOT save the window positions. Not sure about Windows 7.