My manual “Exploring Protein and Nucleic Acid Structure with Jmol” can be
downloaded at
www.csulb.edu/~cohlberg/Jmolmanual.html<http://www.csulb.edu/~cohlberg/Jmolmanual.html>.
  It contains self-guided exercises that enable the user to learn how to
download structures from the PDB and display them and manipulate them using the
standalone version of Jmol.  The user gradually acquires the skills to use Jmol
while proceeding to learn the basics of protein structure in a manner that
parallels the way they will be learning the material in an introductory
biochemistry course.

An earlier version was used in Macmillan’s Launchpad online supplement for the
Lehninger and Stryer biochemistry texts and was accessible only by professors
using the texts and students who had subscribed to Launchpad.  Since the manual
is not used in the current online supplements, it can be made publicly
accessible.

I welcome feedback and suggestions for corrections and improvements.

Jeff Cohlberg
California State University, Long Beach