Hi. The PDF creation example simply doesn't work. I was using the
recommended version of iText and jOpenDocument 1.3 RC2. Is the final 1.3
equal to the release candidate, or it possibly fixed it?

By doesn't work I mean the page is simply blank. The conversion worked when
a sample spreadsheet from the website was used though. I don't remember if
it worked for simple spreadsheets, IIRC it didn't either. I remember
changing the page layout to landscape, and getting two blank pages, one
portrait and another landscape.

I have migrated to Apache's ODF Toolkit mainly for the ability to set
formulas, but I still tried to use jOpenDocument to convert it to PDF.
However, when spreadsheet is generated by ODF Toolkit (exactly same
algorithm, just changed the ODF API from jOpenDocument to ODF Toolkit), I
get random exceptions in the conversion (I remember first one about
styles), just like the generated file cannot be understood correctly. The
file is, however, functionally the same and is opened without problems in
LibreOffice.

This seems unlikely, but does anyone know what would be causing the blank
pages with the spreadsheet generated by jOpenDocument, and the exceptions
with the one by ODF Toolkit? I searched very much for a way to convert ODS
to PDF in Java, but I can't find a library for that. I'm considering just
installing LibreOffice on our server and call its command-line program from
source code :-/

Thanks in advance.

--

---