howdy,

So, as you might've seen we just released a new version of the JanosVM,
which is a modded version of Kaffe.  For the most part we haven't changed
much in the original code base, but there have been a number of fixes and
added features that would be nice to port back to Kaffe.  Unfortunately, I
can never find the time to do it all and was wondering if anynoe else
might want to take up the cause.  Heres a list of some of the fixes:

  java.security package is up to date enough to run the bouncycastle
  (www.bouncycastle.org) crypto library.

  New JAR file reader.

  Several fixes to satisfy Mauve tests, some of it overlaps with what
  Mr. Topic has done, but I imagine there are some he hasn't gotten to
  yet...

  Optimized the socket receives in unix-jthreads.

  Several misc. fixes (e.g. checking the return value of malloc).

  Probably some other stuff I've forgotten.

I can provide a diff between a recent Kaffe and JanosVM, so it will mostly
be a matter of pulling out the good stuff and ignoring the rest.

thanks,

tim stack