On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 08:02:11AM +0100, Erik Corry wrote:

> > *** Warning: The type "ImageNativeProducer" is defined in the file "Image.java"
>but referenced in the file "java/awt/Toolkit.java". It is recommended that it be
>redefined in "ImageNativeProducer.java".
>
> It's only a warning.

Ah. I hadn't dug into the build infrastructure yet, and I blindly assumed
that "make" in kaffe/libraries/javalib would give me Klasses.jar, and I
assumed that since it went as quick as it did, it had stopped after the
first warning.

Indeed, using Jikes 1.13 to build Klasses.jar, however it's being done,
I'm able to then say "javac foo.java" and produce a quite functional
"foo.class".

If Klasses.jar is toasty for everyone, would it perhaps make sense for
a corrected version to be committed?

I'm still dead new to Java and class library layout, so I'm not quite
sure where javac fits into things - it seems to be doing the same thing
Jikes does, and it's certainly working, which makes me wonder if it could
actually produce itself now that I've bootstrapped it with Jikes... I
guess I need to hit the FAQs some more and give some more time to my
book. (I'm using "Just Java^2", FWIW.)

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 12:52:08PM +0100, Dalibor Topic wrote:

> That's just jikes complaining about a hack in AWT library code. The code
> should work nevertheless.

And it does. Thanks.

> Compilers that work for me:
> * jikes 1.14
> * kjc 1.5b (has other serious bugs, though).
> * javac 1.3.1

Is kjc a separate project? And, by javac, do you mean Sun's javac?

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 12:52:18PM +0900, Ito Kazumitsu wrote:

> kjc.jar attached to current Kaffe, that is KJC 1.5B, has serious
> bugs.  I suggest you should upgrade KJC to 2.1A or downgrade
> to 1.5A.

Do we build kjc.jar as part of Kaffe? I'm not seeing how to build it from
the source tree I've got here.

Thanks in advance, all, for further clues. As noted, I'm up and running
now, but I'd love to understand more.

--
Mason Loring Bliss          awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      https://acheron.ne.client2.attbi.com/