From: "Jim Pick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Planning for next release (1.0.7)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:04:32 -0800

> Finally, when we decide to do this release, I think we should dedicate it to
> the memory of Edouard Parmelan.  For those that don't know, he was one of
> the most active Kaffe developers, a member of the core team, and one of the
> driving forces behind the project.  He died tragically in a motorcycle
> accident last year, leaving behind a wife and kids.

I haven't known that until read Jim's post and I was very surprised.
EPG took some of my patches and gave comments when I tried to use
jakarta products such as tomcat and ant with kaffe.

I really regret him though I haven't met him. I'm fully agree your
idea, Jim. All of kaffe users should know him.

He also had been contributing for a lot of project other than
kaffe. We can find some of his works at following URL:

      http://egp.free.fr/

He was great.

Takashi Okamoto