[Greg Banks]

> > > Are you sure want this one there?
> >
> > I didn't like it either, but it's needed in a couple odd places.  What
> > would you suggest - moving the whole i2c menu up?
>
> Not all the way up to the new menu, but before the bits that depend on them,
> which are in drivers/video/ drivers/media/video and drivers/ieee1394 IIRC.

It should be possible to take I2C back out of init/Config.in, in that
case.  I'll do that in my tree.

> > > +    2      CONFIG_KMOD
> > > +    2      CONFIG_MODULES
> > > +    2      CONFIG_MODVERSIONS
> > >      2      CONFIG_RTC
> >
> > What does that mean?  All I did there was to combine two toplevel
> > menus into one.  Did this do something bad?
>
> Apparently.  In the stock kernel:
>
> warning:arch/mips/config.in:224:"CONFIG_KMOD" has overlapping definitions
> warning:init/Config.in:19:location of previous definition
> warning:arch/parisc/config.in:53:"CONFIG_KMOD" has overlapping definitions
> warning:init/Config.in:19:location of previous definition

Weird.  These should have triggered all along - any idea why they
didn't?

Well, they're fixed in my tree.  It looks [trivial], but this one
makes me uneasy.  I mean, it's such an obvious bug - the toplevel
"Loadable module support" menu appears twice - that I almost think it
was somehow intentional.

> Did I mention Gordian knot?

Yes, I believe you did.  Does that make ESR Alexander the Great? (:

> > OK, I see CONFIG_USB in arch/cris/drivers/Config.in - is there another
> > instance I'm missing?
>
> There's two in the same file, lines 185 and 189.

Right - they're mutually exclusive, so I thought it might only count
as one.  Anyway, fixed in my tree.

> related to config.in's using the same banner for a menu and a
> comment.

mainmenu_option next_comment ... now *there's* a bit of syntax that
needs to change.  Even config-language.txt agrees.

Peter