Hi,

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> Why don't you just separate the library from the kernel at all, making
> it a similar package.  We depend on a few external, kernel-specific
> packages anyway, and depending on libkconfig wouldn't make the situation
> worse.

The problem is that the config syntax will continue to evolve and
currently I prefer to keep the library close to the matching config
files.
I think I can keep the basic structure constant, but new options will be
added, so IMO it's more likely that a front end works with a newer
library than that a library can understand a newer syntax.

bye, Roman