[Roman Zippel]
> The problem is that the config syntax will continue to evolve and
> currently I prefer to keep the library close to the matching config
> files.
> I think I can keep the basic structure constant, but new options will be
> added, so IMO it's more likely that a front end works with a newer
> library than that a library can understand a newer syntax.

Besides which, I think it is ridiculous that one would have to download
and install a "kernel configurator" just to build a kernel.  Current
minimum requirements for compiling the thing are gcc, binutils and GNU
make.  The kernel can't very well ship a copy of any of those, because
(a) they're huge and (b) they're useful for many things other than
building kernels.  Roman's library is neither.

(And no, "modutils" isn't a counterexample - you can build, install and
run a kernel without it.)

Peter