>> QGIS can read and write PosgreSQL (i.e. PostGIS) and sqlite (i.e
>> spatialite files) and QGIS has a python bindiings (i.e. PyQGIS) and
>> soon probably a javascript bindings as well in QGIS version 2 (plan).
>>
>> http://linfiniti.com/2011/11/more-on-qgis-desktop-web-fusion/
>
> This is all very interesting. It would be possible to have proper
> integration if we have any contributor in this area.
> Even starting with small thing would make a difference. The one who is
> interested would decide on the future shape of Kexi :)

You might be interested to read the first part, (if you have not seen
this already).

http://linfiniti.com/2011/11/fusing-web-technologies-with-qgis/

I believe a lot of QGIS users will be using Kexi if there is read and
write for sqlite3 files. Right now, they are looking for MS Access
alternative that would with QGIS.

Noli