I think this is very good idea - GIS in Kexi.

Requirements for Kexi (Top of mind right now :-) ).

- Map canvas to display vectors - (I think some parts are already done
- Maps in Kexi)
- read and write SQlite3 files
- data source spatialite file (.db or .sqlite).

Spatialite and GEOS libraries needed are here.
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/
http://strk.keybit.net/blog/2011/09/27/geos-3-3-1-released/

What can Maps in Kexi do right now? Can it display vector and raster?

Noli