Joe Nunley wrote:

Dear Airplane Drivers, In your tail wheel aircraft; at low taxispeeds, does one directionhave more turn authority than another?Left pedal for continentals and
right pedal for VW etc.<<

Propwash will cause that. While idling either Corvair or VW, there's a noticeably higher wind on the passenger side than the pilot's side, which curves in toward and pushes the rudder to the left, resulting in easier right turns than left turns.

As for trim tabs, I have two on each KR, both on left ailerons and on rudder. They are relatively small on N56ML, with only slight bends, and the same size but much larger angles on N891JF. I suspect propwash is the culprit there as well. Keep in mind that trim tabs are also dependent on speed and climb rate, so once you figure out your favorite cruise speed, that's probably where you'll want the trim tabs set up properly.

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com