Hi Joe,

In mine the up elevator reason was nose heavy due to nose gear and thus CG
a bit too far forward.
If you've built the tail fin for a counter clockwise engine you will need
slight right rudder till you've gained speed and your slightly skew off-set
(+/- 1/2" L/E bottom to top and T/E) tail fin take control. If your tail
fin was built neutral then you will need a lot more rudder all the way
through.

Can't think of any other reasons and I may have the directions wrong:-)
It's been awhile since I saw my KR:-(

Cheers,
Pierre