Hello,

My name is Yoann Dandine, I'm in placement for my studies. I'm french, then
my english is not really good but I hope you'll understand.

I have to provide virtual machines for testing the application my company
is working on. I've to test the installation and how it runs on some linux
distributions and windows versions. I find a lot of solutions but
paravirtualization don't seem to work with Windows and full virtualization
seems to be better for my case. Do you agree with this ?

Then KVM seems to be the best solution for my needs, being free, deployed
on all linux distributions, supporting HVM, with a nice future in sight. I
think KVM could be a better choice than Xen because I read that it has
better performances, simpler to use (that's quite important because I'm not
experimented in virtualization) but maybe not even advanced as Xen at the
moment.

I would really like some opinions on this, I've to provide solutions with
their pros and cons soon and I want to provide THE good solution for the
company. About it, the company is small/medium, looking for this solution
and maybe extending then to a cloud platform (but it is not really
important at the moment, the possibility of extension would be
interesting). I've read that KVM is used and some companies are leaving Xen
for it at the moment or would like to. Then the Red Hat choice to turn RHEV
based on KVM confirms that.

I've also read a lot about VMware solutions, Hyper-V server, Parallels,
VirtualBox, Proxmox VE, oVirt but it doesn't seems to be really great for
my company's needs.
I may miss a lot of things then, I would like to know it and if there is
important things I don't know yet. And what you or some experimented people
could recommend for this company.

Thanks,

Yoann Dandine.