Hi Localizers,

Today I cherry-picked some bugfixes to libreoffice-3-3 branch. 14
strings were changed/added. I updated lo-build.pot and po files in git.
Rimas, can you please update Pootle.

The deadline is Sunday, February 6, 21:00 UTC. RC1 is due to February 7,
and only serious blockers can be fixed after that date.

Also, I started to work on leveraging translation fixes from various
sources. The first language was Danish. Source of updated translation
was OOo Pootle. I used translate-toolkit 1.8.1 and I created an msgmerge
script at ~/bin.

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/msgmerge --previous $@

With this argument, when merging translations as fuzzy old source
message will be preserved as a message comment. This helps when fixing
fuzzy translations as old and new source message can be easily compared.
Some PO editors provide in-line comparison visualization.

1. I extracted strings from LibreOffice:
$ localize -e -l en-US -f en-US.sdf
$ grep -v ^nlpsolver en-US.sdf > en-US.2
$ mv en-US.2 en-US.sdf

2. I created pot files:
$ oo2po -P -i en-US.sdf pot

3. I extracted Danish po files to da-orig directory.

4. I created lo-build extra po files from lo-build-da.sdf
$ oo2po -i lo-build-da.sdf -l da da-lobuild

5. I copied those po files from da-lobuild to da-orig which did not
exist there.

6. I concatenated da-orig and da-lobuild po files.
$ mkdir da
$ cd da-lobuild
$ for i in `find . -type f`;do msgcat --use-first $i ../da-orig/$i
>../da/$i;done

7. Finally I migrated translations.
$ cd ..
$ pomigrate2 -C -F da da-new pot

8. Updated Danish po files are in da-new, upload to Pootle, etc....

Problems:
* fuzzies where one would not expect
* untranslated strings
   - basic/source/app.po (it is not there in OOo Pootle, prolly on
purpose and can be ignored)
   - scp2/accessories.po and extensions.po (their translations are
generated by localize-oo script, can be ignored for the time being)

So, in the limited timeframe until translation deadline all l10n teams
have two options:

1. Have lo-build-xx.po translated in Pootle and do nothing else.

-- OR --

2. Download SDF and/or pot files from here:
http://ftp.fsf.hu/LibreOffice/libreoffice-3-3-en-US-2011-02-01.pot.tar.bz2
http://ftp.fsf.hu/LibreOffice/libreoffice-3-3-en-US-2011-02-01.sdf.bz2
Update your localization as you wish. Ask for tips and tricks here.
Share your tips and tricks. Submit the URL of your localized UI and/or
help. If you send po files to Rimas, I'm sure he'll put them to the
newly created Pootle modules.
http://translations.documentfoundation.org/projects/libo33x_help/
http://translations.documentfoundation.org/projects/libo33x_ui/
I'll take care of integration into 3.3.1.

We can repeat this process for 3.3.2. If you miss the deadline now,
don't worry, 3.3.2 will come in 3 weeks after 3.3.1.

I need your active participation. I realized that I don't have time to
manually update that many languages from various sources. It is not
enough, if you give me a link to a translation that you made for
OpenOffice.org. There are many differences and the number of differences
are growing.

Thanks,
Andras