Getting the tension right in Flanders is a bit tricky. I never use support pins BUT I do tall my students when they tension they should pat their bobbins down rather than pulling them. You never pull the worker bobbins just keep them loose and allow the ring pair and ground to tension them.

Julie I have some notes I can send you on this if you like

Anna froma hot Sydney summer where the tamp out side at 9.30am is 33C and expected to get over 40 again!!! We have had 40C+ days at least twice a week since New Year!