Dear Ann,

You can always look to see what The Lace Guild in England is offering to
children - on their website.  And, I am sure they would appreciate  patterns,
supplies, teachers - for the publications produced for their  use.

Sometimes our members do not appreciate how important all forms of public
relations are.  I loved the story from South Africa about taking  lacemaking
supplies to India.  You do not have to look very far to  see opportunities
to "sing" about lace.  We Arachnes are a small group  in relationship to the
world's population, and all of us need to...paste on  smiles and wear laces
daily.  I do.  And they  always "break the ice" (which loosely means
silence is broken and a  positive conversation is begun - for those of you do
not
have a Winter  season).  Happened just yesterday in the long line at the
post  office.  I was wearing a "corsage" of 3 colorful lace flowers on  my coat
- from Czech Republic, Turkey, and Germany.  (Ilske - please note;  the
German one was made by you.)

It is early morning here, and I'm off to cataract and astigmatism surgeries
 on one eye 60 miles from home.  Even today, I'll be promoting lace in some
 way or other by wearing it.  Everyone:  Try it.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 3/8/2017 1:35:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,