The Pella thread turned out to be quite interesting. I am very pleased that it is so uniform & smooth compared to other linen threads I have used. Is this a characteristic of the twist, the fiber, the plies or some combination thereof? Whatever their process, I found it easier to tension & the ivory color is quite pretty once you realize it is not white-white. The only downside is a "springlike" characteristic & I've had a few backlash/tangling incidents that I would like to express in Finnish! When I wound the bobbins, I cut individual lengths rather than wind from the spool. Would windi!
 ng from the spool help maintain thread control?  Suggestions are welcome.
Sincerely, Susan Hottle USA

I love Pella thread for working Finish patterns.
I always wind my bobbins from the spool. I have very few problems with twists and curls doing it this way. When I wind the second bobbin of the pair I do what you do and yes I get the twists and curls.

The trouble with Pella is that it is hard to get, I usually import from Holly van Scriver since there are no Aussie suppliers for this thread.

Anna from Sydney where the sun has finally come out!