Hi Kim

I agree with you.

Once you give out a pattern it is in the public domain and you have no control
over who copies it. If you wish to keep it to yourself don’t give anyone the
pattern.  I don’t mind friends sharing or teachers supplying my patterns at
no cost, (please do not pass on the working instructions, they often take more
time to write than the design itself) particularly if they acknowledge that it
is my design.  The time I got cross was when one of my students reported a
supplier was selling one of my designs.

Perhaps if more lacemakers learned to design there would be less copying. It
takes a time, the replies we have are typical, but it is very rewarding.

Blow the dust, let,s design

Alex