I received the recent digest and read with interest the comments on lace
exhibits.
I don't see much in museums and have run into the dim lighting most of
the time.
The decorative arts museum in Williamsburg,  Va has had several textile
exhibits which I have viewed.
They have additional temporary lighting in there display cases.  A
button activates brigher lighting for a about a minute or a little less
(I've never timed it), and I have found that to be very helpful.  You
don't want to repeatedly turn in on but you can get a better look.

It has been some years but when I went on a behind the scenes tour and
they opened their drawers to us, they allowed a flash light and
magnifier for taking a closer look, but they did limit our time.  I
don't know if the museum continue to do that now.  I'm looking forward
to my trip to Prague in September and hope to get a look at the textiles
in the various places on my tour.  I've been told there is some lace in
the Jewish Museum and it is on my itinerary already.

I appreciate all the information I learn about on all the posts.
Especially from Jeri and Devon who know much, much more than I every
will.

I hope with the coming good weather in the US and other countries that
we all take the time to demonstrate and volunteer to make the public
aware of our love of lace.

If anyone is in the area of Fairfax City in VA on April 22nd and wants
to come and join like minded lacer makers come to the Chesapeake Region
Lace Guild's  annual meeting and Spring Lace Day, www.crlg.org

Location: Stacy C. Sherwood Community Center, 3740 Old Lee Highway,
Fairfax VA, 22030
Schedule:
8:00am: Doors open for set up and an opportunity for attendees to
display lace projects, finished or in progress.
9:30 am: Coffee, refreshments
10:00am: Business Meeting
11:15am: Program by Sheryl de Jong (Textiles at the Smithsonian)
12:15–4:00pm Lunch (bring your own), socialize, shop, door prizes.
Tatting...
Vender:  Van Sciver Bobbins.

I am now also preparing for my weekends in May and early June at the
Virginia Renn.  Faire as the lace demonstrator.  This will be my 9th
year attending Queen Elizabeth's progress to Staffordshire.
(Spotsylvania Co, VA)  Hazaah!  www.varf.org

Cindy, in Virginia where it is finally Spring!