Hello all,

Many will be aware that I have compiled (at the editing stage) A Dictionary
of English Antique Lace Bobbins appropriate for web publication.

I have also written "A Collectors Guide to Antique English Lace Bobbins"
which is complete and ready for web publication.  I need to say that this
guide could not have been created without my being given total access to the
Diana Smith  Collection,  (Lace bobbins) and her advice and guidance so
freely and expertly given.  I acknowledge her help with deep gratitude as it
is the pre-eminent lace bobbin collection in private hands that I am aware
of.

This document is based on a classification first published by Charles
Freeman in a booklet published by the Borough of Luton Museum and Art
Gallery (1958 and reprinted until 1980) Its title is "Pillow Lace in the
East Midlands" and  possibly the book that started my education and building
of knowledge on Lace Bobbins.

I am biased, but it is a great starter for collectors, it is totally and
beautifully illustrated in colour and covers all the genres a beginner or
even an average collector would need.  It has excellent examples from the
Diana Smith Collection illustrated in each genre.

I am really looking for a suitable and willing web site to host this
document.  "Proudly" (all authors have big egos about their work! Smile) I
would like it on a site of significance to Lace and one which the webmaster
keeps a reasonable eye on the content and presentation of their site.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to share your suggestions on this list
please.  I need to say that this document is not suitable for one such lace
archive lace web site that is in preparation.

I am not guaranteeing I will follow your advice, but I will consider all
suggestions as I believe in the process of consultation as two heads are
better than one.

I have considered hosting my own page, but I am erratic, up and down,
procrastinate and not madly interested in running a web site [a bit bipolar
I think] So that is out of the question.

I am not at all interested in commercial print publication, besides I think
it is difficult, expensive and not necessarily "profitable" in the end;
besides which this is my hobby not my job.

Summary.

I am looking for a reputable "lace" based web site that would care for "my"
publication (Please remember the generosity of the Diana Smith Collection)
and be available for all web users  and bobbin collectors to consult.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot

Brian

BTW, You might like to see my "other" hobby blog!! Beware, you might get a
surprise! .smile

https://modernquiltjourney.wordpress.com/