Jeri,I did read your email and looked at the Thistle Threads blog. I will go
back for a deeper look again.
I also saw the program you mentioned about "slow tv". Seven hours watching the
scenery from the front of a train without commentary would be okay for a short
time. It reminded me of when we used to watch tv in the 1950's in England when
they didn't have enough programming to fill the time. We used to watch a
potters wheel or the ocean breaking on the rocks. I prefer to have something
with sound on the tv when I am lace making as I can follow the story and look
up if it sound exciting, especially if I know the voices of the characters.
Yes, I DO multi task, I just wish I could read at the same time as lace making
then I would be doing two of my favorite things.
The knitting feature followed the wool from the sheep shearing, carding,
spinning and then knitting a garment all in the same program. Not sure how
long that one was, could have been the 18 hour one!
Janice <Did anyone receive my memo yesterday about the Thistle Threads blog?

On this morning's CBS Sunday Morning program, hosted by Jane  Pauley,
there
was a segment about something related to  this: Soundless slow-motion
Public TV (without ads) in Norway.  It seems to have become a fad there, and
is
a nice way to watch something out of  the corner of your eye while making
Lace.  They showed a variety of film  examples, one of which was about
knitting, sheep shearing, etc.  Some of  these films run without repeating
for many
hours.  It's non-intrusive,  yet keeps you company when you glance up to
re-focus your eyes.  Jeri>
Janice Blair, Murrieta, CA, jblace.com