Dear Lacemakers,

I am going to try to clarify the situation as I believe it to be.  If  I am
wrong, Greet Rome (an extremely busy woman) is a member of Arachne and will
 write to us.  English is not her first or second language, so  please be
patient.

Jennifer McNitt wrote asking about this event.  Nancy Neff provided  some
information.  What you may have missed on Arachne was information  contained
within a memo dated 4/28/17 from Greet Rome, the Lier Lace  expert.  Greet
is a personal friend of mine.  She has been  working on this lace event for 4
years.  If anyone wishes to write directly  to me, I could start a list of
interested Arachne members, by nation.  Then  we can correspond amongst
ourselves more securely, without making our  travel plans public on a site like
Arachne.

We keep asking and asking correspondents for their  location because it
helps us form a more precise reply and it was one of  the requirements when
Arachne was established.  Please do this when writing  to me.  I am much more
private than Face Book, and wish you all to be as  safe as possible when
making plans.  Do not share my contact info with Face  Book.  Greet is a member
and will take care of that.  There is a  reason you are a member of Arachne.
 We take care of each other on a  personal level.

I've put the 4/18/17 excerpt from Greet Rome below this string of
comments, removing the Lier info.  Greet now has a co-chairman to help
shoulder the
load.  You all need to know an international meeting is  much more work
than the usual lace conventions.  It requires several years  of
pre-arrangements with accommodations, tour coaches, facilities to be  visited
and used for
meetings and special events, meal reservations when we are  on the road, and
engaging artists and volunteers who will make this a  pleasurable
experience.  Bear in mind that each nation has different  "laws" to obey when
setting
up such an event.

**Greet gives a date of 1.6.2017.  In Europe, this may  mean 1st of June,
2017 for "Subscription".  Please keep the address  given in the subject line
and try it after June 1st.  At present, you  cannot get past the main page.
There are icons for different languages for  when you are able to use this
site.   Capable people have to be  available to respond to you in your
language when this is  activated.**

If you know someone who has complained she does not receive my letters sent
 via AOL, please share this with her.  It will show up in the Arachne
archives:
http://www.mail-archive.com/arachne.com/index.html

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center
>From Nancy Neff, Connecticut USA  May 15, 2017

There's a facebook group for the conference  at
https://www.facebook.com/WLCB2018/, but the recent postings don't seem  to
have anything to do with the conference.  Maybe you could message  the
admins for information?  The most recent thing Google comes up with  for
the conference is August
2016, the initial announcement of it.
On Mon, May  15, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Jennifer McNitt  <jenmcn...@yahoo.com>