In either version of the book, you need to reference pages  118-120.

Author:  Doris Southard
Title:  Bobbin Lacemaking
Copyright: 1977
Hardback ISBN:  0-684-15032-8, pub. by Charles Scribner's 1977
Soft cover:  ISBN:  0-684-17894-X, pub. by Charles Scribner's  1983
Total book = 216 pages

This is a basic book that all lace book collectors will have.  If  you have
access to a Lace Guild's library, you should be able to borrow from  them.
It will be available from International Organization of Lace  Inc.

You'll need the book for the illustrations of how to make and place a
pattern on a cone bolster.  It says "A special pattern is used, which  includes
a complete corner plus a straight length of pattern equal to  the
measurement of one side of the handkerchief...  The pattern is matched  at the
ends
and joined so that it is continuous around the cone.  You work  around and
around as though you were making straight lace."

Instructions are given for making a cone bolster, though there  are other
methods that are of better quality (depends how often you'd  use a cone).
Another use for a cone is to make a lace that is  flared (like an A-line
skirt) so you do not have to gather a straight lace  to make a ruffle.  This
uses
less thread than a straight lace that is  gathered would, and takes less
time to make.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center
(Private collection of over 1,000 lace books)

In a message dated 5/25/2017 11:00:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,