Hello All!  Just in the nick of time, I finished another piece of Rauma-style
lace for our LOL exhibit in Conneaut, OH in July.  This weekend is Louise
Colgan's Milanese workshop near Buffalo so I needed to clear my pillow &
bobbins to get ready.  There are definitely some issues, especially where the
twisted pair passes thru the tally flowers.  This technique is new to me &
needs revision, practice or both!  Is this a good time to ask how others make
half stitch diamonds?  Personally, I am not fond of them especially when they
are ill-defined--I prefer a crisp edge.  Is half stitch diamond construction a
matter of lacemaker's choice or do certain types of lace require diamonds with
less definition on the edges?  I posted a photo to Flicker & constructive
criticism is welcome!  Lin posted some Easter motifs to Flickr--Romanian point
lace?  They are cute & I'm sure they looked great on her egg tree for the
holiday.  Tomorrow our LOL lace exhibit moves from Linesville, PA (pop!
 ulation 1008) to Meadville, PA (13,388).  Libraries are well loved in small
towns so we are giving them our best effort!  Must now wind bobbins for
Milanese.  Ciao, Susan Hottle USA