Thank you to Karolina in Australia (who may not want her personal e-mail to
 be public).  I sent a personal note to you this morning, but do not know
if  you receive AOL mail.  What you offered seems to have been the closest to
 what Vi needed in order to complete and display the Idrija earrings next
Tuesday.

Are others struggling with this pattern?  I have included Karolina's
instructions below, just in case.

In  response to the query - there is no crossing but a twisted worker  pair
going from one inside point of the central petal to the opposite one  as you
go and coming back the same way. On the way back on the exposed  parts of
the
twisted pair a false plait is made. Both twisted pairs pass  through the
central bead there and back so the central bead has to be large  enough to
accommodate  all these threads. To finish off - the tassel  with beads is
worked separately and attached to the central bead.
Please  note - all inside connections of the flower are worked as you go
with
a  twisted worker pair being sewn into the opposite side loop coming  back
doing a false plait to merge the two together creating a pleasing  look.

Alternatively, you can always finish the center part off with  needle and
thread if you wish to avoid the bulk inside the bead or have a  smaller
bead.
Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center