Thank you, Responders.

What we have confirmed today is that none of the special characters on  our
keyboards, with the exception of quote marks, work in Canada, the U.S.  and
the U.K.

Too many of our members are in these geographic locations for us to
consider possible options.

A suggestion just received was to post a Blog and then announce it on
Arachne.  Not everyone is a part of the Blog world, Face Book,  etc.  We have
many who trust our server, but no alternatives.

It is most unfortunate that there is not a person with a newer spare server
 that we could migrate to without cost.  We would all hope one that  would
deliver to all ISPs, some of which are not accepting posts from other
ISPs..

Arachne has been an ideal solution for many lacemakers in many  countries.
We do not realize how many until we see letters about the  exchanges of
Holiday cards and Bookmarks.  Then, we realize how  wonderful our Server gift
from Liz has been.  One note today was thanks  from a lacemaker in Poland to
a lacemaker in South Africa.  At what  time in history has a select group of
no more than 1,000 people been so  connected in a way that yields immediate
delivery of mail at no cost?

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Ebroidery Resource Center