Thanks, Bev, for the reminder of the plain text usage. Anybody old enough to
have grappled with e-mail in its early days will remember this usage, and it
does work quite well, though not as pretty as actual bolding and italics.

Now, I really must see if Alt-3 makes a heart; on my Apple “Alt” is Shift +
Option, so Shit-Option-3 gives me: ‹  Rats. Just a pointy thing. On the other
hand, Apple gives me a couple of different ways to make a little apple: 

Adele
in not-as-warm-as-yesterday very rainy West Vancouver, BC,