Lorelei wrote:
Interesting, in any case. I still
think why on earth bother to learn all that stuff about managing a machine
when you can just learn to manage the bobbins themselves. Much as I enjoy
computers as tools, I can't say that I'm in love with them. I love
bobbins, and I am in  love with making lace by hand. That is the complexity
that has me hooked.>

It does not take much learning to use the embroidery machines these days, just
a case of installing the file and threading the needle and away it goes.  I
have a number of lace ornaments on my tree that I made with the machine, but
doing a search on Advanced Embroider for Bobbin Lace, I was surprised at how
they mimic bobbin lace rather than just being lacy embroidery.

https://www.advanced-embroidery-designs.com/cgi-bin/cart/store.cgi?keyword=bobbin+lace&action=search

Janice Blair Murrieta, CA,
jblace.com