Hello All!  While working on signage for an upcoming lace exhibit at the
library, I ran into a disagreement among lace resources regarding Bedfordshire.
 To my eye, all resources are equally credible but there is a three century
difference of opinion.  Should Bedfordshire be considered 16th or 19th century?
 This is not meant to be argumentative!  To my untrained eye, I can see
similarities to some LePompe patterns.  On the other hand, the 19th century
reference mentions a relationship to Cluny.  Is this a prime example of lace
evolution, i.e. modern Bedfordshire has more in common with 19thC  lace than
earlier examples?  Early lace was certainly made in Britain, so what to call it
if it isn't Bedfordshire?  Many thanks for any suggestions/opinions.
Sincerely, Susan Hottle USA

Sent from my iPad